Where to go Guide
The Dung Gate, or as known in Arabic "Bab Al Magharebeh", is situated near the southeast corner of the old city, and the only gate that leads directly to the Jewish quarter and "Al Haram Al Sharif" compound. It is the only passage for vehicles.
It was originally much smaller, but was enlarged in 1952, after the Old City came under the Jordanian rule in 1948. On the right, just inside the gate, the Ophel Archaeological Gardens capture the whole of Jerusalem’s turbulent history.