Where to go Guide
ASHTAR Theater is a non-profit NGO, founded in 1991 in Jerusalem, with a scope of work that covers the West Bank and Gaza Strip. At ASHTAR they view theater as a tool to free society, ignite awareness, create internal individual freedom, and invest in culture as a generator for social change and political liberation.
- Theater Training
- 3 to 5 years Drama Training for young people (12 to 22 years)
- Multiplying of Trainers
- School Teachers’ Training
- International Youth Theater Festival, ATiYF, every other year
Theater of the Oppressed:
- Community Training - local and regional groups
- Producing and touring Forum plays
- Conducting the International Theater of the Oppressed Festival every other year.
- Translating the books of Boal into Arabic.
- Experimental Theater
- Local and international co-productions and touring
- Master Classes
- To help create a free and innovative individual.
- To make theater a fundamental need within Palestinian society.
- To arouse the artistic sensibility and taste of young people.
- To give voice to the community and stimulate their critical eye.
- To build cultural bridges with the theater world.