Where to go Guide
Sultan Abdul Hamid Spring is located in the Al Darraj District of Gaza City, on Al Wamda Street a few meters east of Qasr Al Basha or Pasha’s Palace.
The spring was established during the 16th century by Bahram Beik Ben Mustapha Basha. The structure is built from limestone and contains a bend that measures about one meter deep and an overt circle made of marble and limestone. Two stone seats sit on either side of the bend, each with three openings for water in the center of their square frames. The site was renovated once during the era of Sultan Abdul Hamid II. More recently, in 1870, the site was renovated by Prince Ref’at Pasha, then governor of Gaza, earning it the name ‘Sabeel Refa’ia.’