Jericho Dead Sea private tour
Introduction & Briefing Jericho Dead Sea private tour : Short Orientation and distribution of relevant literature
- Maqam Al Nabi Musa: Situated on the road from Jerusalem to Jericho is Al Nabi Musa, the site where according to tradition Moses in buried. Dating back to the Crusader period it was first built by Salah al-Din.
- Jericho City Center: The City Center is dominated by Jericho’s Main mosque. Experience the vibrant city center of Jericho which is lined up with many shops and restaurants
- Tree of Zacchaeus: The large sycamore Tree symbolizes the History of the tax collector, Zacchaeus and his story with Jesus Christ.
- Ancient Jericho (Tel al Sultan): Located about 2 km northwest of Jericho, lies Tell es-Sultan or Tel Jericho. Excavation on the site have revealed layers of cities and human habitation dating back to around 9600 – 7700 BC
- Mount of Temptation: Dating back to the 12th century, this Greek Orthodox Monastery lies around 350 meters above Jericho perched on the rocky ledge of Mount Temptation.
- Hisham Palace: Also known as Khirbet el Mafjar. Hisham Palace is one of the main archeological sites in Jericho. Built in the 8th century during the Umayyad period. A fine example of Islamic architecture, the site includes remains of building complex, baths, mosques and more.
- Dead Sea: A short drive from Jericho lies the Dea Sea, some 423 meters below Sea level. Free time to relax, swim (float) and treat yourself to the famous dead sea natural minerals.
Please note that the above price is per person. For private tour we require a minimum of 4 participants. Otherwise, you will be obliged to pay the full rate of $360 for the tour. Furthermore, and in order to confirm your booking, you will be charged a non-refundable fee of 15% upon tour confirmation. Remaining balance should be paid to the tour operators at beginning of your tour.
Upon confirmation, you will receive a confirmation email with the contact details of your tour operator.